Carbon Blast Intake Valve Cleaning Service
Available for Direct Fuel Injected Mini Cooper S and
BMW 135I/335I/535I Models
Many late-model BMW and Mini engines incorporate High Precision Direct Fuel Injection technology, in which fuel is sprayed directly into the Combustion Chamber- instead of utilizing the traditional Fuel delivery method of injecting it through the Air Intake Port. Compared to the previous method of Port Injection, Direct Injection Engines burn Fuel more cleanly. With more power, you get tighter emission controls and improved Fuel efficiency.
It has been found that over time, though, Direct Fuel Injection causes excessive Carbon deposit accumulation on Intake Valves/Ports, which leads to reduced air flow in the Combustion Chamber resulting in poor performance- rough idle, sluggish throttle response, loss of power, increased emissions and increased fuel consumption.
We have experienced great success with cleaning the Intake Valves by removing the Intake Manifold to blast the Carbon deposit build-up away using BMW factory equipment with Walnut Shell media. When cleaning is complete, the Intake Manifold is re-installed, the Engine is started and the performance checked.
Others have written about the problem and solution extensively; more information and pictures of the process and results can be found on the e90Post Forum.
In addition to the Combustion Chamber Cleaning service, you may want to consider the replacement of the Spark Plugs and the cleaning of the Fuel Injectors if this service has not been recently completed; keep in mind the Spark Plug change interval on the N54 engine is every 45,000 miles (as opposed to the traditional BMW standard of 100,000 miles), but is often overlooked.
One more item that we highly recommend is the addition of an Oil Catch Can. The Catch Can intercepts the returned Oil from the Crankcase to the Intake Manifold, thereby eliminating the future need for Combustion Chamber Cleaning. We recommend Burger Tuning’s BMS Turbo Double Baffle Oil Catch Can:
BMS Turbo Double Baffle Oil Catch Can Features
• Increases Air Intake Efficiency
• Promotes Engine Longevity
• Non-Clogging Air/Oil Separation Double Baffle
• Free Flow Solid No Restriction Design
• Retains factory fully closed loop PCV operation
• Large Intake / Exhaust No Tapering Down
• Stealth Mounting on Cool Side of the Motor
• Anodized Black Lightweight Aluminum
• N54 Model Mounts Out of Sight Under the Cowl
• Made in USA & Guaranteed for Life
BMW N54 / N55 / S55 / N20 / B58 Engines
BMW 1 Series
• 2008-2013 E82 Coupe E88 Convertible 135i / 1M
BMW 2 Series
• 2014-Present F22 Coupe F23 Convertible 220i / 228i
BMW 3 Series
• 2006-2011 E90 Sedan 335i / 335ix (E chassis only)
• 2006-2011 E91 Touring 335i / 335ix (E chassis only)
• 2006-2013 E92 Coupe 335i / 335ix / 335is (E chassis only)
• 2007-2013 E93 Convertible 335 including ix (E chassis only)
• 2013-Present F30 Sedan 320 including ix
• 2012-Present F30 Sedan 328 including ix
• 2015+ S55 F80 M3
• 2016+ B58 F30 340 including ix
BMW 4 Series
• 2014-Present F32 F33 F36 Sedan Convertibe Gran Coupe 420 428 428 including ix
• 2015+ S55 F82 F83 M4
• 2016+ B58 F32 F33 440 including ix
BMW 5 Series
• 2008-2010 E60 Sedan E61 Touring 535 including ix
This service can be performed same day with an appointment; just give us a call or schedule online.